Tradition attributes the icon of Our Lady of Częstochowa to Saint Luke. The earliest historical sources reach as far back as 326 AD. Following a lengthy journey, in 1382, the icon was entrusted to the Pauline Fathers at Jasna Góra (Bright Mountain) Monastery in Częstochowa, Poland. A copy of the famous painting was blessed at Saint Anthony’s Church in Regina on April 30, 1983.

Under thy protection
we seek refuge,
Holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions
in our needs,
but from all dangers
deliver us always,
Virgin Glorious and Blessed